The Lutheran Foundation and Washington University’s Prison Education Project Reentry Team would like to cordially invite you to our Reentry Educational Workshop Series. This series is devoted to Health Literacy and focuses on four main areas as outlined below.
All sessions will be held on the Forest Park Community College Campus, HS Building, Room 312. This location has easy access to the Metro Bus Stop, and personal parking is free. There is no cost to attend this workshop series. Adult friends and family members of those participating are encouraged to attend.
Each session will conclude with a light lunch provided at no cost.
Sat. October 15, 10am-12pm “Worthy of Wellness” COMPLETED
Sat. Oct. 22 (10 am-12 noon): “In a Crisis, I Can Cope” (Mental Health Awareness)
- Destigmatizing Professional Support and Intervention
- Anxiety, Fears and Depression
- Trauma and PTSD
Sat. Nov. 12 (10 am-12 noon): “Communication Is Key” (Importance of Healthy Communication)
- Communication Strategies and Intrapersonal Skills
- Redirecting Behavior and Diffusing Conflict Through Communication
- Support and Coping Mechanisms
Sat. Nov. 19 (10 am-12 noon): “Be Resourceful” (Navigating Health Resources)
- Insurance Options, Application and Affordability
- Insurance Comparison
- Finding and Accessing Quality Healthcare
- Urgent Care versus Emergency Room
RSVP to Jami Ake at Jake@wustl.edu with the number of attendees in your party.